Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2014 VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers report, which tracks service providers and their voice over IP (VoIP) and unified communications (UC) services revenue and subscribers.
- The global business and residential VoIP services market grew 8% in 2013 from 2012, to $68 billion;
- SIP trunking shot up 50% in 2013 from the prior year, driven predominantly by activity in North America; EMEA is expected to be a strong contributor in 2014;
- Sales of hosted PBX and unified communication (UC) services rose 13% in 2013 over 2012, and seats grew 35% due to continued demand for enterprise cloud-based services;
- Global residential VoIP subscribers totaled 212 million in 2013, up 8% year-over-year;
- Managed services are benefitting from the continued adoption of IP PBXs: Roughly 10%–20% of new IP PBX lines sold are part of a managed service or outsourced contract;
- Infonetics expects continued strong worldwide growth in VoIP services revenue through 2018, when it will reach $88 billion.
Read more and sign up to buy the full report at http://www.infonetics.com/pr/2014/2H13-VoIP-UC-Services-Market-Highlights.asp